Thursday, February 27, 2020

GoPro Hero8


Mar 3, 2020

I'm going to make a few updates to this post as I get started with this my GoPro.

I took the Hero8 out for a couple rides, and used GoPro's Quik app to create edits. Not a huge fan of Quik, it is fast and easy, but not flexible and the output is short ... this will not work with a long ride. Here's a sample video:


The image quality is outstanding! In the edit, check out the section with the camera recording my face. It is super smooth, but look at my arms and you know I'm hammering through rough trails. 

I ended up buying the Protective Housing. To me, this is a step backwards. The Session was very durable stand-alone and that was a big feature. With the Hero8, the lens is not replaceable, and that's a major concern considering the kinda rides I like to record with my GoPro.

For reference, here's a before-and-after of the lens replacement on my old Session.



Feb 26, 2020

This is a short post about replacing my broken GoPro Session and buying a new Hero8 using the GoPro TradeUp program.

I placed the order on a Saturday (Feb 15); I printed the shipping label and dropped it off at the local UPS Store the same day. It took a week for the package to arrive at GoPro, arriving on Friday (Feb 21). They shipped the Hero8 on Monday (Feb 24) and it arrive on Wednesday (Feb 26).

All in all, a smooth and quick process; and saved me $100 on a brand new Hero8.


No comments:

Post a Comment